It might be for a special someone, a dinner for friends, or hosting privileges but whichever of these occasions; you probably want to have a good look going on. You’d want to dress to impress. Well we have the perfect dish to accompany your best get-up.
This dish can be dressed up as well, garnish with grated cheese, fresh basil leaves and/or tiny-diced tomato bits. It all comes together with strips of chicken; a merry plate colored with reds and greens.
This recipe is straight from Maddalena herself. Your guests are sure to be pleased with a recipe from the Italian kitchen and popular Maddalena restaurant in downtown Los Angeles. Complete this creamy, luscious dish with its luscious counterpart – San Simeon Viognier. This rich wine filled with citrus notes complements the chicken and brings together a wholesome mouth-watering meal.
Pesto Chicken Florentine:
SERVES: 4 TIME: 55 MINUTES
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
15 oz. Alfredo sauce
8 oz. penne pasta
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 tbsp. Romano cheese, grated
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. pesto
Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Add spinach and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine pesto with Alfredo sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente and then drain.
- Combine chicken and spinach mixture, pasta, and pesto-Alfredo sauce. Mix well and serve with extra grated cheese.
Check out more from the Maddalena Restaurant at our website. Also you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more pairing ideas, or to share photos after your successful meal!