It might be for a special someone, a dinner for friends, or hosting privileges but whichever of these occasions; you probably want to have a good look going on. You’d want to dress to impress. Well we have the perfect dish to accompany your best get-up.
This dish can be dressed up as well, garnish with grated cheese, fresh basil leaves and/or tiny-diced tomato bits. It all comes together with strips of chicken; a merry plate colored with reds and greens.
This recipe is straight from Maddalena herself. Your guests are sure to be pleased with a recipe from the Italian kitchen and popular Maddalena restaurant in downtown Los Angeles. Complete this creamy, luscious dish with its luscious counterpart – San Simeon Viognier. This rich wine filled with citrus notes complements the chicken and brings together a wholesome mouth-watering meal.
Pesto Chicken Florentine:
SERVES: 4 TIME: 55 MINUTES
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
15 oz. Alfredo sauce
8 oz. penne pasta
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 tbsp. Romano cheese, grated
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. pesto
Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Add spinach and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine pesto with Alfredo sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente and then drain.
- Combine chicken and spinach mixture, pasta, and pesto-Alfredo sauce. Mix well and serve with extra grated cheese.