While summer calls for barbecues and picnics, winter is still calling for those delicious and rich home cooked meals. From our kitchen to yours, we wanted to share one of our favorite small dishes with you; Gorgonzola and hazelnut stuffed mushrooms.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- ¼ cup Italian –style breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. fresh whole mushrooms
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
How to prepare:
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Remove stem from mushroom caps; reserve caps. Finely chop stems enough to measure ½ cup. Discard remaining stems.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped mushroom stems and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, mounding slightly.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms on an ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 2 inch
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with parsley and serve warm.
We recommend serving this small dish with a dark red wine. Our favorite for these stuffed mushrooms is the Opaque Malbec, which has flavors of black plum and currant with accents of vanilla and dark chocolate.
For more recipes and food pairings, visit our website at SanAntonioWinery.com or share your recipes with us on Instagram @SanAntonioWinery. You can also receive food pairings and the recommended wine in our wine club, which you can sign up for here https://sanantoniowinery.com/wine-club/