Chef Dustin is all about bringing out maximum flavor from simple recipes, and his recipe for Arugula Pesto is no exception. The peppery flavor of fresh arugula can stand alone with your favorite pasta, but feel free to add some prosciutto, pine nuts, or thinly sliced capicola. Try out this recipe:
- 6 oz. baby arugula (rinse and dry)
- 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Roast pine nuts with olive oil in a saute pan until they just begin to brown. Strain.
- Combine arugula, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor. Pulse slowly while adding remaining olive oil until paste begins to form.
- Add lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it – 3 easy steps to making your own pesto! Just cook your favorite pasta to mix it with or even spread it in a sandwich! This pesto can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or 6 months in the freezer, good for those with a busy schedule.