A hearty pasta dish is just what we are looking for, all the time. We love the comfort it provides and every bite is a bite of heaven. Chef Dustin recently whipped up a serving of his Chicken Piccata with Linguine for us and it was nothing short of perfection. In the season of giving, he shared his winning recipe with us even before we racked up the nerve to ask for it! Give it a try yourself!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. cooked linguine
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup capers
- 1/3 cup cream (optional)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cut chicken in thin slices and season with salt and pepper. Then, dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess until lightly coated.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter until melted and hot. Add chicken, cook until golden brown on each side, then remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers. Add cream too, if desired. Heat slowly while scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese to pan until pasta is coated, then add chicken.
4. Serve hot and enjoy with a glass of your favorite San Antonio Winery wine!