Spice up your Spring and Summer with a delicious Jerk Chicken recipe, courtesy of our in-house chef at San Antonio Winery, Paso Robles – Chef Dustin! All these flavors will just pop and leave you wanting another leg, another wing, and another breast piece.
Marinade for a 3-4 pound chicken
- 1 cup EVOO
- 3 medium onions
- 4 Scotch bonnet peppers or habanero peppers
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons raw ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 medium onion
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or large blender and blend for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place chicken in a non-metallic container and pour mixture over chicken. If using bone-in, skin-on chicken, be sure the marinade gets under the skin.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Cook chicken in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm up the BBQ grill and finish cooking chicken there until done.
Once it’s hot and done, serve that baby up with some grilled veggies, seasoned rice, and a bottle of your favorite wine from San Antonio Winery! Enjoy!