February is the month of love. From romantic meals, to the perfect chocolate dipped strawberry, there are very specific foods geared towards love. For wines, nothing is more perfect than Prosecco. Diama Sparkle Prosecco is a perfect golden color, and has delicious flavors of bosc pear, yellow apple, and lemon. This wine is fresh, light, and crisp with the perfect hint of sweetness.
For your dinner with your special someone, we have a unique meal that everyone will love, and that is the perfect pair with Diama Sparkle Prosecco. Keep reading to figure out how to make this delicious grilled polenta with spinach and robiola cheese.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 lb. baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Roma tomatoes, chopped, for garnish
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. robiola cheese, cut into 8 slices, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, season to taste
How to prepare:
- Lightly oil a 9-inch round glass baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and slowly whisk in the polenta. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the polenta is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Pour polenta into the baking dish and cover the surface directly with plastic wrap. Let stand until firm, about 25 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic. Cook until golden brown.
- Increase heat to moderately high and add the spinach, stirring until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Keep spinach warm.
- Light a gill and oil grates. Cut polenta into 8 wedges and grill over moderately high heat until crisp and lightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place 2 polenta wedges on each plate; top each with 2 robiola slices. Spoon warm spinach on top, garnish with chopped Roma tomatoes, and serve.
Enjoy as a side dish or appetizer, and serve with a chilled glass of Diama Prosecco. Cheers!