2017 San Simeon Viognier, Stefano Vineyard, Paso Robles
During 2017, the weather was ideal with a long growing season that provided great “hang time” for the grapes. Anthony Riboli and Arnaud Debons employ traditional techniques in their careful crafting of fine wines.
Our Viognier is fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55° F for several weeks. This long, cold fermentation process preserves the delicate flavors and aromas of this variety. Immediately after the fermentation, 10% of the wine was transferred to neutral French oak barrels in which the lees were stirred for several months to add texture and depth.
San Simeon Viognier is a bright, luscious wine with ripe peach flavors and tropical notes. The nose reveals bright floral aromas. Mineral notes express the rocky terroir of the vineyard. This structured and well-balanced wine shows a lengthy finish.
- 91 Points – Gold Medal, Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- 90 Points – Wine Enthusiast
- 89 Points – Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- Best of class – San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- 90 Points – Wine Spectator
- 92 Points – Gold Medal, San Diego International Wine & Spirits Challenge