2018 San Simeon Grenache Rosé, Paso Robles
During 2018, the weather was ideal with a long growing season that provided great “hang time” for the grapes. Anthony Riboli and Arnaud Debons employ traditional techniques in their careful crafting of fine wines. Our Sauvignon Grenache Rosé is fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55° F for several weeks. This long, cold fermentation preserves the delicate flavors and aromas of this variety. Immediately after the fermentation, 10% was transferred to neutral French oak barrels in which the lees were stirred for several months to add texture and depth.
This artisan wine is handcrafted in small lots. Grenache grapes are harvested and gently crushed. The skins and juice remain in contact for several hours resulting in a lovely salmon-pink color. Ripe red berry, cantaloupe, and rose petal notes pair well with tuna tartare, prosciutto and melon, and a wide array of appetizers.
- 89 points – Wine Enthusiast
- Double Gold – American Fine Wine Rosé Competition
- 91 points – Gold Medal, Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- 87 points – CA State Fair
- Silver Medal – Monterey International Wine Competition
- 92 Points – Tasting Panel Magazine