2015 Opaque Darkness, Paso Robles
The word ‘opaque’ means “impenetrable to light” and refers to the dark, inky, impenetrable color of our family’s proprietary blend.
Opaque Darkness brings together the impressive quality of our estate grown Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah grapes. After aging in French and American barrels for 14 months, our hand-crafted artisan blend reveals ripe flavors of raspberry and blackberry with notes of spice and vanilla. Enjoy the darkness!
- 93 Points – Double Gold – Orange County Fair Wine Competition
- Gold Medal – Denver International Wine Competition
- 89 Points – Wine Enthusiast
- 89 Points – Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- Silver Medal – Rodeo Uncorked! Houston Live Stock Show & Rodeo
- Gold Medal – San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Bronze Medal – TEXSOM International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal – San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Wine Competition