2016 Maddalena Chardonnay, Monterey
Quality begins in the vineyards. The Riboli Family established estate vineyards in Monterey in order to ensure the ultimate level of grape quality. The Arroyo Seco and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations of Monterey County provide a cool, windy climate in which Burgundian varietals thrive. Morning fog and warm afternoons concentrate flavors and aromas.
Maddalena Chardonnay greets the nose with an array of ripe fruit aromas, including citrus, guava, and orange peel. The round mouth shows depth and body, complemented by forward flavors of tropical fruit. A touch of spicy oak adds complexity. Balanced acidity creates structure and a long, complex finish.
- 93 Points – Gold Medal & Cellar Selection, Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- 88 Points – Wine Enthusiast
- Gold Medal – San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition
- Silver Medal – Rodeo Uncorked! Houston Live Stock Show & Rodeo
- Bronze Medal – San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 90 Points – Gold Medal – Orange County Fair