2016 Opaque Darkness, Paso Robles
The word ‘opaque’ means “impenetrable to light” and refers to the dark, inky, impenetrable color of our family’s proprietary blend.
Opaque Darkness brings together the impressive quality of our estate grown Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah grapes. After aging in French and American barrels for 14 months, our hand-crafted artisan blend reveals ripe flavors of raspberry and blackberry with notes of spice and vanilla. Enjoy the darkness!
- Silver – WSWA Wine & Spirits Tasting Competition
- 88 Points – Silver Medal, Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- 92 Points – Wine Enthusiast
- 93 Points – CA State Fair
- Bronze Medal – Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- 93 Points – Tasting Panel Magazine
- 90 Points – Gold – San Francisco International Wine Competition