100 Years In The Making – Centennial Blend Recipe Pairing
Join us in celebrating our Centennial Anniversary! We have the perfect food pairing to complement our Centennial Blend.
This blend is composed of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Petite Sirah, and Syrah and was aged in French oak for 24 months to reveal ripe flavors of dark cherry and blackberry. For a wine this complex, we wanted to pair it with a very flavorful and savory dish. See below for our suggested pairing!
Lamb Artichoke Stew
Recipe adapted from Just a Little Bit of Bacon
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 2 HOURS 45 MINUTES
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1½ lb. lamb, cut in 1½ in. cubes
• 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 c. dry red wine
• 2 oz. tomato paste
• 28 oz. whole tomatoes, pureed
• 2 (15 oz.) cans large artichokes, drained and quartered
• ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped, or 2 tsp. dried
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large oven-safe pot, heat ½ tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add the lamb in two batches and sauté until lightly browned. Remove the lamb to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the remaining ½ tbsp. of olive oil to the pot. Sauté onions, garlic, and salt until the onions are soft and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the red wine and bring to a boil.
4. Cook the wine down for 2-3 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste and pureed tomatoes. Return lamb to pot. Once the stew comes to a boil again, cover and transfer to the oven.
5. Cook the stew for 1½ hours. Add the artichokes and cook, covered, for 1 hour. Take the stew out of the oven, stir in the parsley and oregano, and serve.